In a nutshell:
IDEO New York is in search of a Business Analyst/Project Manager who will help IDEO’s Global Technology group by focusing on planning, analyzing, and managing multiple projects and enterprise applications across the company.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO Global Technology group is a result driven, fast paced, high performing service provider of enterprise applications development and support, project management, business analysis and user experience expertise. We service the IDEO global organization by delivering and supporting end to end solutions for strategic IT projects with excellence.
The Business Analyst/Project Manager role is a high-impact role in the IDEO Global Technology group. It is also a dynamic role that requires an individual who can switch between planning, analyzing, designing, developing, supporting and managing multiple projects and enterprise applications when collaborating with the different infrastructures across IDEO. Including, Finance, Talent, Business Development, Business Operations, etc. within IDEO.
Once here you will:
- Lead, design, develop and support large ERP and business applications such as Dynamics 365 for Finance.
- Develop, define and execute project plans, schedules, tasks, issues, budgets and deliverables.
- Review and analyze complex, integrated project data and information to provide status updates, insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Perform Business Analyst, QA, PM role as needed.
- Documentation of business and IT solutions, business process functional and nonfunctional requirements and problems.
- Collaborate with business, IT, vendors, on-off shore development team and other stakeholders.
- Documentation of test plan, test cases, test scripts and performing QA activities for various business applications.
- Facilitate the communication between business stakeholders and the various IT groups.
- Conduct day-to-day client communications. Build credibility and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations.
- Enhancements and support of business applications.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with PMP certification.
- 5-7 Years of relevant Business Analyst experience designing, analyzing, testing and supporting large ERP and business applications in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Expensify, other financial systems.
- 2-3 Years of relevant Project Manager experience leading, managing and developing a project plan, scope, WBS, priorities, deliverables and supporting global ERP and business transformation projects.
- Proficient and in-depth knowledge about the functionality, processes, technologies and tools of large ERP System, such as Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, PeopleSoft Finance, Oracle Finance or Workday Finance
- Experience leading meetings, creating presentations, status reports, business requirements and specifications document, test plan, test cases and test scripts.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications, interacting professionally and managing expectations of a diverse group of executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Must have experience in Business Analyst common practices such as collecting requirements, running Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, conducting requirements gathering workshop, conducting defect triages, performing application testing, and providing release and application support.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with the SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient with SQL queries using TOAD and other tools to gather and analyze data.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Uses judgment based on practice and precedence, and accurately define problems by trying to understand underlying factors/causes.
- Provide training/support to the current and new team members.
- Experience collaborating with remote/offshore global development teams.
Pop quiz, Hot Shot:
- How would you analyze requirements for a topic to which you have no knowledge about?
- How would you manage projects with tough clients and stakeholders?
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.