In a Nutshell
We are looking for a detail-oriented, human-centered HR Specialist to join our IDEO Talent team. You will help ensure our HR operations are running smoothly and support our employees as they navigate the fun world of benefits, onboarding, and other important aspects of HR Ops at IDEO. Core skills involve effective problem solving, excellent customer service in working with our employees and vendors, and the ability to get things done quickly and independently within a creative and often ambiguous work environment. Easy, right? :)
Once you are here you will work on:
New Hires and Departures
- Manage new hire processing, sending new hire packets and ensuring all paperwork is completed, signed, checked for accuracy, and filed appropriately
- Lead HR Orientations for all Bay Area new hire employees
- Manage E-Verify Verifications for new hires in the Bay Area
- Coordinating all departure logistics and conducting departure meetings
- Benefits vendor manager by working closely with different benefit providers ensuring accuracy and the go-to person at IDEO as benefit vendor contact.
- Process employee benefits and assist employees with benefit related questions and issues
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to oversee monthly benefits invoicing
- Open Enrollment set up process through ADP
- Manage commuter benefits administration for the Bay Area
- Act as back-up for our Payroll Lead for bi-weekly payroll(s)
- Process EDD state disability insurance and paid family leave forms
- Track and communicate leave of absence information to payroll
- Ensure accuracy of employee data including new employee information and tracking and updating existing employee changes in our HRIS and Benefits systems
- Day to day liaison with payroll and accounts payable, answering employee inquiries and processing reimbursements
- Lead of HRIS management system globally ensuring accuracy and fixing any corrections by working with the Global Technology department.
- Help manage annual reporting for HR Compliance
- Handle verifications of employment for past and current employees
- Go-to person to pull various data reports based on need off of HRIS system
- Special projects as needed (e.g., assist with US benefits analysis)
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It is a place where you can solve diverse challenges for our clients and the organization, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to respect the need for work-life balance and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re empathetic and human-centered, leading with how you might best support our people with their questions and needs
- You have a high level of confidentiality, can work effectively in ambiguous environments, and are self-directed and autonomous
- You have strong Excel skills (including pivot tables and V-lookup) and have at least 1-2 years of experience working with benefits administration and HR information systems
We’d Be Excited If You Have
- Experience with BambooHR and/or ADP
- Experience with benefits billing reconciliations
Commitment to diversity
At IDEO, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our purpose of having a disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients and customers we serve, and the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply online by uploading your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.