In a nutshell:
IDEO is seeking a Japanese/English bilingual Teaching Program Specialist to join our Tokyo studio. We are looking for an individual who will act as a key team member to lead our teaching programs for clients and partners and help drive the product and curriculum for IDEO Tokyo’s growing teaching business in Japan. We seek someone who thrives at the intersection of education, storytelling, creativity, and design; who aspires to unlock in leaders, teams, and individuals innate human-centered habits, skill sets, and mindsets that drive great design, creativity, and innovation.
You will be responsible for transforming IDEO’s breadth of knowledge on creativity, innovation, and design thinking into focused, hands-on learning experiences. You’ll work closely with IDEO’s global Products and Learning teams to localize, package, design, develop, and facilitate cutting-edge educational engagements to complement our consulting and venturing businesses in Japan.
Why is this role important for IDEO's work?
As we keep exploring what design can do next, we are excited when thinking about supporting countless individuals and organizations to unlock and deepen their own creative capabilities. This person will enable us to bring our existing offers and capabilities to the next level.
Once here you will:
Adapt, design, and develop a cohesive portfolio of learning programs and experiences for our clients in Japan.
Contribute to IDEO Tokyo’s efforts in offering impactful learning experiences, from promoting and packaging our existing products, to developing new modules, to delivering exceptional learning experiences. Specifically, you will:
- Partner with our global Products and Learning teams, as well as our local Business Development and Marketing teams to promote, develop, and deliver tailored learning programs for IDEO Tokyo’s clients and partners.
- Adapt, package, and deliver IDEO’s portfolio of learning products in Japan:
- Collaborate with our consulting and venturing communities to provide inspiring learning opportunities for a broad audience, including individuals, teams, startups, and corporate partners.
- Train and nurture our growing network of external facilitators and partners to deliver high-quality learning experiences.
- Use your instructional skills to design and develop unique learning experiences, including course outlines, video scripts, frameworks, tools, interactive exercises, and experiential learning activities.
Become a key member of our growing team and work collaboratively both in Japan and globally.
- Partner with global IDEO Products and Learning teams to promote, communicate, and disseminate our offerings in Japan.
- Contribute to how we express the educational experience and brand visually and creatively for our local market.
- Develop content for marketing videos, emails, advertisements, and social media.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Core experience and mindset:
- Bilingual in Japanese and English.
- Curious and passionate about people and their development.
- 5 years + of experience in instructional/curriculum design and delivery (facilitation or coaching), focusing on adult learning (preferably corporate learning), in content areas such as creative leadership, innovation, strategy, and/or design thinking.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong storytelling skills, and a maker spirit.
- Experience coordinating and delivering workshops and events.
- Ability to manage partnerships and relationships, ideally both with commercial clients and academic institutions, in learning and development.
- Demonstrative work portfolio, turning content into engaging and powerful learning experiences.
- Find joy in making others successful.
- Deep understanding of the Japanese learning and development market, particularly at the leadership level.
- Instructional design expertise, with an understanding of pedagogy and instructional approaches, curriculum and tool design, and assessments.
- Experience designing and producing engaging content in different media formats (podcasts, films, activities, blogs, workshops, offsites, etc).
- Familiarity with Design Thinking, Innovation, Change Management, and/or Creativity topics.
Application requirements and instructions:
To apply, submit a resume and a cover letter (both written in English) in the online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.