In a nutshell:
OpenIDEO is in search of a Performance Marketing Specialist who will help us grow our global community of innovators and partners, using paid advertising platforms (like Google AdWords, Facebook, and LinkedIn), optimizing systems for tracking and targeting key segments of our existing community, and performing targeted outreach for particular open innovation Challenges.
Today’s complex challenges require the creativity of entire networks: better ways to connect, share ideas, and coordinate action around the globe. OpenIDEO–IDEO’s open innovation practice—builds better ways to solve societal problems, enabling people everywhere to come together and harness the power of human-centered design to drive impact where it’s needed most. In partnership with leading organizations, OpenIDEO helps diverse stakeholders connect online and in cities worldwide, joining active, supportive communities that build on the insights of many. Since 2010, the OpenIDEO community has grown to engage hundreds of thousands of people in nearly 200 countries, tackling over 60 topics ranging from food waste to girl’s education to Ebola, and generating nearly 18,000 ideas for good.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
OpenIDEO seeks to maximize impact by bringing communities of innovators together around a topic in the spirit of solving a Challenge too big to solve alone. The Performance Marketing Specialist will work to accelerate that impact by intentionally growing the OpenIDEO community to create a thriving and expanding ecosystem of designers, innovators, funders, and beyond. This role will be asked to develop strategies both for reaching large numbers of innovators at scale, and considering which voices are not being heard and how to best ensure they are present in the community.
Once here you will:
- Leverage your experience in paid digital advertising, SEM, and other growth tactics to expand and fill our pipeline of potential partners and build communities of innovators around our target portfolio areas and projects.
- Exhibit a natural, human-centered style to advertising that differentiates OpenIDEO and provides value to the user. You’ll make use of your communications skills and ability to quickly communicate the right message, paired with the right imagery, to maximize impact.
- Be a habitual experimenter monitoring metrics and using data to understand what is or isn't working and why and then making adjustments as needed.
- Build and maintain systems to track and target segments of the OpenIDEO community to increase funnel conversions and participation.
- Work with the OpenIDEO Marketing Team (Marketing Lead, Content Manager, and Designer) to systematically plan, execute, monitor, and improve.
- Collaborate with others on the OpenIDEO team to incorporate their perspective.
- Be a representative and steward of the IDEO global brand and sub-brands, being mindful of the entire IDEO ecosystem (not just OpenIDEO).
- Facebook & LinkedIn Ads and Google Adwords - demonstrated success in improving account performance on these platforms.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Analytics (and potentially other analytics tools/dashboards).
- Strong command of the trends and new features and functionality for Facebook and LinkedIn advertising.
- Demonstrated insights from data, working quantitative methods to answer questions and find opportunities to optimize marketing activities and help to grow the business.
- Demonstrated an eye for good design and experience creating ads quickly.
- Genuine enthusiasm and excitement to delve into a fast-paced, highly executional role.
- Demonstrated creative approaches to problem-solving and content development: exhibit the ability to jump from the creative side to analytical side of marketing.
- 3+ years digital marketing experience.
- Experience in a growth marketing role at a fast-paced company, agency experience a plus.
- You have a self-starter mentality, a strong sense of ownership, and an insatiable appetite for learning.
- You have a team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals.
- Nice to have:
- Demonstrated success with other ad platforms (Bing, Twitter Ads, etc) and/or experience in social media/marketing platforms relevant in countries outside the US (e.g. WeChat).
- Experience with both B2B and B2C.
- Experience configuring and/or managing CRMs and/or contact lists (e.g. Streak, MailChimp, Copper, etc).
- Interest in and passion for social enterprise, social impact, and design.
What does OpenIDEO offer you?
OpenIDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place that offers you the opportunity to deepen your design skill sets while addressing some of the world’s most urgent problems. Receive mentorship and work alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Our community has engaged hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world, and will keep you inspired with stories and experiences of real impact. We encourage our team to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Application requirements and instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter (yes Cover Letters matter, we read every single one!).
- 3-6 months
- Full-time: 40 hours per week; with the opportunity to extend based on performance
- Ideal start date: April 20, 2020
- Remote position. Ability to work on Pacific Standard Time hours (roughly 9am - 5pm) is ideal.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.