Come make an impact with us
IDEO Europe is searching for a Marketing Lead to join our Europe team in London for a 12-18 month fixed term to cover maternity leave. This role will help us drive strong brand awareness and reputation, and ultimately a healthy pipeline. This is an opportunity to use your creative and strategic marketing prowess to support the growth of IDEO Europe at an exciting, pivotal moment.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
At IDEO Europe, we co-create breakthrough solutions and transformative teams with organisations to help them own their future. We partner closely with our clients to make that future inclusive of people, planet and profit. Helping IDEO connect with the right prospects and clients, at the right time, is key to ensuring we create the maximum positive impact for the world.
You will be joining a small international, multidisciplinary team comprising marketing, business development, client development, market intelligence and operations. The Marketing Lead will play a critical role in translating the global marketing strategy for the European market, breaking down our different audience groups, and turning that into an action-oriented plan that will drive awareness and demand generation.
Once here you will
- Lead the development of a 12-month marketing plan for the European market, drawing on your experience, local market insights, and market needs
- Drive the marketing plan and its component parts, ensuring tight project management, insightful reporting on success metrics and working across teams to ensure the plan is delivered across the year.
- Manage IDEO-hosted events for our clients and prospects
- Create and own an opportunities calendar for networking, to ensure our broad community of directors is tapping into and maximizing the potential of its individual networks
- Collaborate with EU thought leaders and the Global Brand team to generate content for outbound marketing to high profile clients and targets
- Feed content through to our client leaders and directors community, to share with clients, prospects, and for IDEO leaders to share via their own social media channels
- Manage the European PR agency, ensuring any opportunities they generate are in line with our strategy, and that opportunities and requests are tracked, managed and delivered in line with deadlines
- Own the process for our awards programme, including creating a monthly calendar and working with client teams and creative to create and deliver
- Be the guardian of the IDEO brand in Europe, ensuring any communications that leave IDEO are working their hardest and leave clients and prospects with top notch impressions. Our messaging needs to be clear, engaging and consistent, bearing in mind our different audiences.
- Together with the global brand team, drive the case study library: planning, tracking, and creating case studies for sharing with our prospects and clients. This includes creative thinking on your part on how best to tell our client stories in relevant, engaging ways.
- Collaborate with our Experience Team to create experiences that tell our brand and client stories within our studio spaces (London and Munich)
- Partner closely with the Global Executive Director for Marketing, the Senior Director of Growth and Executive Director of Client Development to manage the overall marketing budget and forward plan against the strategy
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients and their organisations, alongside thoughtful, insightful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we are also intentional about enabling our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process.
Some Previous Work To Check Out
Relevant Experience And Mindset
- 6+ years of experience in a marketing role, with at least 5 of those years owning the content marketing strategy and framework.
- Agency or consultancy background, but most importantly, strong experience with B2B audiences
- Excellent content writing skills and communication skills (English)
- High comfort level managing a PR agency and an understanding of what they do (and don’t) deliver
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- High degree of self awareness
- Creative confidence and believing in your ability to change the world around you
- Well-versed at bringing others on the journey as well as an experimental approach
- Nice to haves: familiarity with Copper, Hubspot, Google suite (mail, slides, docs, etc), and Slack
Commitment to Diversity
As a human-centered organisation, we are committed to working and designing with people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognise that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, and adaptation to new insights and best practices. We know that this will take time, and that is why our commitments are designed for the long term. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability and transparency.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.