In a nutshell:
IDEO CoLab is in search of a marketing coordinator who will help us implement a content-led marketing strategy to reach a range of different audiences.
As marketing coordinator, you’ll be responsible for sharing CoLab’s content with the world. Working with our team of designers and practitioners, you’ll help carry out a strategy across multiple channels and audiences. This role is central to sharing the CoLab’s stories and points of view with new and existing audiences.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
A marketing coordinator will make the biggest impact by creating engaging content from CoLab’s internal points of view to be shared with the outside world. The role is a combination of air-traffic control, nerd-wrangling, editing, and omnichannel publishing. We’ll count on you to establish a schedule, keep us calmly on track, help us stay on message, and follow through with tracking how well our content is doing in the world.
Once here you will:
- Help implement a content marketing strategy for reaching different audiences across channels
- Coordinate the CoLab team’s creation and editing of content and points of view for publication
- Handle inbound marketing requests, coordinate responses, and synchronize efforts with IDEO global marketing
- Directly edit CoLab marketing content and or coordinate outside contract editors
- Track metrics for audience engagement across CoLab channels
- Help maintain business development assets to ensure CoLab’s offer and message is current and consistent
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a marketing coordinator for IDEO CoLab, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Engage in cutting-edge thinking about Artificial Intelligence, the Distributed Web, the Circular Economy, and emerging CoLab focus areas.
- Develop marketing strategies with expert teammates from IDEO’s global marketing team.
- Hone your editing chops to craft engaging stories that emphasize human-centered design in a time of systemic change.
- Get hands-on experience using the latest marketing publication, tracking, and analytics tools across channels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
Some previous project to check out:
You might be editing this:
Or adapting this story to be on another channel like LinkedIn
Or helping academic fellows find this:
You’d be posting 140-280 characters here:
And working with us to think of new photos and videos here:
- 1- 3 years of experience in marketing, editing, or journalism
- Strong organizational skills with experience in project and or campaign management (note: this is a must!)
- Ability to manage multiple work-styles, personalities, and writing abilities
- Setting up and using online metrics trackers (e.g Iconosquare, Hootsuite, etc.) in different channels
- Strong writing and/or editing ability
- Excellent brand management instincts and mature judgment for keeping content aligned with CoLab’s values and tone
- Experience and talent for writing and editing for different audiences
- Interest in technology, design, and humans
- Passion for storytelling and engaging the heart and the mind
- Strategic mindset for synthesizing themes and planning campaigns across channels
Application requirements and instructions:
Please submit a resume and cover letter. (Yes, we read cover letters!)
Though not required, applicants are encouraged to submit samples of prior work. This could include links to past campaigns, writing samples, or a PDF portfolio. You tell us your story and we’ll tell you ours!
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.