Note: This role will be remote eligible with a home base of San Francisco that will require travel to IDEO U gatherings an expected 2-4 times a year.
IDEO U is IDEO’s online school, equipping learners around the globe with skills, mindsets, and tools to help them stay relevant and adaptive in our modern world. We're part of IDEO, an award-winning global design firm that takes a human-centered, design-based approach to help organizations innovate and grow. IDEO U was created to teach the methods we have practiced for decades and to help individuals, teams, and organizations across the globe become more resilient, creative, and innovative.
About The Role
IDEO U is a growth stage venture within IDEO in its 6th year of operations. We are a mission driven organization committed to partnering with professionals on their lifelong learning journey to uplevel the collaboration, communication, problem solving & creative thinking skills required to work alongside others to meet challenging goals.
To get there, we want to ensure that we have the right data to understand our learners and our growing business. As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll be the go-to expert for the data & analytics ecosystem for IDEO U, and a pivotal cross-functional leader and collaborator. You are both a technical data engineer and savvy business analyst. A thought partner and organizational linchpin working closely with product, marketing, & content and production senior leaders to leverage data & insights to make the business run, you also look ahead to articulate how our data processes and infrastructure will need to improve.
What It Takes
This is a critical techno-functional role with an approximately 60% technical and 40% business analysis distribution of work.
- 4+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, developing and supporting end-to-end data analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse applications and solutions using AWS or Azure or similar platforms and services
- 3+ years of technical experience in data extraction & analysis from various on-premises and cloud based systems using SQL, Python or R
- 3+ years of expertise in one or more business intelligence visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI (proficiency in collecting, defining and implementing BI reports, dimensions, measures, metrics, KPIs and security requirements)
- Solid experience and proficiency in designing & building end-to-end pipelines with in-depth knowledge of different stages of ingest, prepare, enrich, model and serve data pipelines using one of the leading ETL tools such as AWS Glue, Talend, PL/SQL, Data Stage, Informatica, Azure ADF etc.
- Experience in data warehousing and dimensional modeling best practices
- Some experience and knowledge leveraging Rest APIs, JSON and Webhooks
- Ability to translate a complex business question into an analytic approach and evolve that analysis over time
- Working knowledge of one or more key business processes (e.g. demand forecasting, audience segmentation, campaign management, etc) & the types of data analytics that support better outcomes in these processes
- Experience defining new KPIs in line with strategic priorities or organizational evolution
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with a wide range of stakeholders and to be the captain of IDEO U’s analytics ship
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy and self-direction required in-role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to explain technical/quantitative concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to adapt practices and approaches to fit a small, nimble startup environment
Bonus Points If You Have
- Marketing and growth analytics experience
- Experience with more advanced analytics techniques and/or quantitative survey research
- Experience with an eCommerce business model
- Interest in online education and the Design Thinking field
Your First 6 Months
What would you own in this role? Great question! Below, a flavor of the things you would steward for IDEO U in your first 6 months:
- Update our revenue recognition ETL processes to improve efficiency & support new products launching in market
- Collaborate with senior marketing leaders to set up a data infrastructure to support our lead generation programs
- Support our 2021 annual lookback process to facilitate conversations on key learnings in the year across the business
- Update our forecasting process & dashboards for 2022 based on key shifts in customer buying behavior
- Work with our advertising agency partners to analyze shifts in audience demographics over time
- Own the design, development, iteration, and maintenance of key metrics, reports, analyses, pipelines, and dashboards to support our 2022 strategic priorities
- Work with our lifecycle marketing team to automate data based triggers for communications through Hubspot
- Work with our content & production team to launch a new content survey to help improve our ability to identify the best new course programs to launch in market
- Help mentor junior analysts and other colleagues looking to improve their data fluency and skills
Please submit both a cover letter (yes, we read them!) and a resume. In your cover letter, please briefly convey why this role is the right next step for you to take in your career. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.