In a Nutshell:
IDEO Cambridge is currently seeking an Organizational Design Intern who loves to design and build all aspects of an organization, including; culture, roles, responsibilities, structures and rewards systems. This role requires you to solve client problems using a blend of new theory and experience. We are currently seeking an intern for 2-3 months during the summer.
Once you are here, you might:
- Prototype organizations (e.g. roles, responsibilities, structures, etc…) in support of a new venture or client offering.
- Design a roadmap with detailed experiments for clients to embody design thinking and customer-centric approaches into the way they work.
- Design and support Innovation Labs that will enable clients to launch new ventures.
- Develop tools and training programs to help clients build their innovation capabilities.
- Help clients learn Design Thinking by integrating them into a design project (i.e. help them “learn by doing.”)
- 1+ years of organizational design and strategic experience managing organizational change, either as a consultant or in-house.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Strategic Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Psychology or equivalent.
- Passionate about trying new thinking rather than focusing on best practices.
- Able to inspire people of different backgrounds on organizational design.
- Able to dig into motivations and design for the adoption of new mindsets and behaviors rather than design for just what people say.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and at least 1 work sample.