Business design at IDEO requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and boardroom polish. You will work as a member of IDEO’s multi-disciplinary teams to create market leading offerings and ventures for clients. We are considering interns who can work during the summer or who can work 4-6 months throughout the year.
Once you are here you will:
- Work with a team to design a new venture that creates new income potential for the business.
- Contribute to creating new business models that enhances and extends consumer experiences while creating new opportunities for income.
- Help clients identify and develop new growth options within existing brands.
- Design new products, services, and consumer experiences that differentiate the company from its competition.
- Create compelling new value propositions for customers.
- Design organizational structures, strategic assets, and operating models to help the company drive its own innovation.
- 2 years of work experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial setting, with responsibilities including; value proposition definition, business model design, experiment structuring, data analysis and offering launch.
- Experience taking an idea from theory and analysis into a market launch — either as an entrepreneur, member of a start-up team or as an intrapreneur (e.g. line manager, product manager).
- An MBA candidate is ideal but not required.
- Comfort with clients, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams in a non-hierarchical organization.
- Ability to pull together multiple - and sometimes conflicting - inputs (data, qualitative feedback, hypothesis, etc.) into a common point of view.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and the answer to the question below.
- Tell us about a business model that inspires you, and how might it be relevant to another industry?