In a nutshell:
IDEO San Francisco is in search of a Community Manager for The Teachers Guild who will develop and manage systems to guide and connect a national network of educators who are optimistically taking on new challenges for their classroom and schools.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
The community manager will make the biggest impact by helping nurture and engage cohorts of educators to grow their creative confidence and innovate on new solutions. Their skill-set is critical because they are part project manager, community organizer, and coach. We count on them to design and manage learning experiences and seek to maximize others’ success.
Once here you will be an:
You are an expansive thinker, know what’s what in education, and are ready to make others’ ideas great. You’re excited to imagine and realize a learning journey for educators to bring their ideas to life.
- Manage the day to day open innovation experience for teachers
- Encourage the community with insights, connections, feedback, and inspirations
- Spot patterns and trends that facilitate the community towards designing relevant solutions for classrooms, schools, and networks
- Provide coaching and support to teachers’ ideas, adding your insight and mentorship to strengthen and refine ideas
- Develop meaningful relationships across our community
You’re a connector. You’re excited to think about how to grow a creative leadership community for and by teachers. You love learning about people’s interests and get excited about linking up like-minded people around their passions.
- Develop systems to support the community through an open-innovation process
- Track, analyze, and catalyze community activity to support engagement and drive participation
- Work with platform manager to move open-innovation process forward, making sure project milestones are met
- Collect community insights to improve learning experience and product
- Collaborate with communications team to build outreach messaging and strategies
Coaching & Mentorship Program
You’re an amazing teacher. You believe in collaboration and that the best ideas come with diverse partners.
- Manage growth and development of a distributed coaching network
- Support growth and development of The Guild’s mentorship program
- Inspire creative leadership across network of coaches and mentors
- Lead community events, both on and offline
Storytelling and Synthesis
You think like a journalist. Your curiosity leads you to dig for and surface insights to help a community learn.
- Synthesize trends and insights from across the community
- Humanize impact reporting with compelling, personal case studies
- Develop reports to identify new opportunity areas
- Support the development of end-of-project impact reports
- Collect and suggest stories from the community to share both externally and internally
You are a natural facilitator and love to bring people together and design in-person learning experiences.
- Facilitate in-person workshop experiences on design thinking and innovation in education
- Refine face-to-face experiences that complement The Guild’s online community
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some previous projects to check out:
Please go to www.teachersguild.org
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Demonstrable curiosity for and engagement of digital communities
- Passion for connecting people and building relationships
- Excellent presentation and workshop skills
- Experience developing out new ideas in schools and classrooms
- Ability to collaborate with cross-cutting teams across multiple organizations
- Thrives in fast-paced, rapidly changing work environments
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter - yes, we read all cover letters, we promise! And don’t forget to answer our pop quiz question.