In a nutshell:
Creative Difference is a new venture borne out of IDEO’s Design for Change studio. It is an enterprise tool used to assess an organization’s creative competencies in the areas of innovation, competitiveness, and adaptability. And, we are in search for a Support Engineer to manage relationships with our corporate clients and individual users of Creative Difference. And use the insights gleaned from those experiences to contribute to the evolution of the product.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
You are the first point of contact with our users. You are the guardian of success for our clients. You are an optimistic representative in user communications - even when you are saying something they may not want to hear.
Once here you will:
- Relish the details of running a great experience; from building relationships to managing check-lists on a timeline. You will work with our Business Development team as well as the Engineering team to design, execute and improve the efficiency and impact of our Creative Difference offer for Enterprise clients.
- Tech troubleshooter, and be a proactive and dependable problem solver with a knack for details and strong written, visual and verbal communication skills. Use troubleshooting tools and a basic knowledge of Ruby and SQL to help track down the root of a problem.
- Onboard and interact with our enterprise teams before, during, and after their experience. You iterate and refine the systems and processes for scale.
- Actively seek out and identify ways to reduce customer effort and challenges, to create a more efficient (and awesome!) experience.
- Gain insight into the customer experience and report it to the team, to help improve the product and develop a scalable customer support model that serves a global customer base.
- Help map out processes, service goals, documentation, and areas of improvement.
- Lead the Creative Difference Deployment experience/communication: deliver high-touch customer service and be the first point of contact for questions; Project manage all aspects of deployments, including managing timelines
Individuals who will flourish in this role are self-starters possessing deep skills in project management, communications and writing, and client relationship management. We are an entrepreneurial team and seek someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and learning through experimentation. This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Software as a creative discipline:
At IDEO, our world-class multidisciplinary teams create innovative solutions to address core human needs. In order to do this, we work with the latest tools and technologies to support and experiment within all aspects of our design process—from research to design; from concept to implementation. Software Developers at IDEO work closely with small teams that could include interaction designers, design researchers, and communication designers.
Learn more about our work:
Creative Difference: A Guide for Building Creative Competitiveness
Launching an Innovation Lab to Benefit Peruvians
- Strong project management skills, including geeking-out over check-lists and establishing systems and processes that keep teams humming along.
- A passion toward hospitality and customer service, supporting an extremely diverse and global audience of emerging innovation leaders.
- Strong and concise visual and verbal communication skills, you have both a support tone and marketing chops.
- General technical know-how to be able to research and resolve a user’s technical question as it relates to Creative Difference or other tools.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the adaptability with the ability to wear multiple hats. You’re a dynamo and a go-getter!
- Familiar with human-centered design thinking (e.g design research, insights, prototyping, brainstorming, creative leadership). You are keen to learn from our customers to inform the evolution of our product and customer experience
- Data analysis & Literacy; Appetite for both quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree
- Using Ruby debugging/troubleshooting tools to investigating software issues, read through related code, and identify when software bugs are at the root of a problem.
- Use SQL and similar tools to validate the authenticity of underlying data when technical questions arise.
Application requirements and instructions:
Apply with a resume and cover letter. If you have a website, or a portfolio of work you’d like to share, feel free to include it.