In a nutshell:
The Design for Change Studio in IDEO San Francisco, is in search of a Leadership and Studio Coordinator. They will rely on you for organizational guidance. You will help assist in day-to-day coordination activities, while occasionally juggling client workshops.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
This coordinator makes the biggest impact by being extremely organized and flexible. They are critical to our business, because they help the team be their best selves, and put their best foot forward. They are the foot on the gas pedal that keeps our business moving forward. We count on them to help the team stay on top of things, show up confident, be ready to take on any conversation, and take part in maintaining client relationships.
Once here you will:
- Be the “front door” for the partners you will be supporting -- fielding requests for meetings and helping manage workflow, including setting appointments, screening e-mail, arranging complex travel, creating and maintaining organizational systems, setting up speaker arrangements, and managing expenses
- Actively connect with other groups throughout IDEO San Francisco and IDEO Globally in a way that builds relationships, trust, and credibility
- Participate in regional event planning and collaboration among the greater Bay Area Support Community
- Continue to build and maintain the culture of the Design for Change community by actively engaging with its designers and community members
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some previous Design for Change projects to check out:
- 3-5 years of assistant work desired, but we will consider relevant experience
- Mature and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple projects, clients, etc.
- Good communicator -- able to be proactive and ask a lot of questions, while holding your own
- Works well with ambiguity and is able to make decisions even without all the information
- Thinks strategically and is able to prioritize -- a good problem solver
- Flexible and able to handle unforeseen events/requests with ease and cheerfulness
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter (yes, we read cover letters). Don’t forget to answer our Pop Quiz question!