In a nutshell:
IDEO U, located in the IDEO San Francisco location, is in search of a Content Marketing Lead who will gather, write and produce content that will cultivate the thought leadership that distinguishes IDEO U from other learning experiences. A writer and storyteller who is part-marketer and part-producer, you will work seamlessly across channels both internally and externally to create and execute our content marketing programs.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
As the content marketing lead for IDEO U, you will play a key role in one of IDEO’s new ventures and will be part of the team that will expand marketing across the organization. You will craft stories and experiences to build awareness of and to drive engagement, enrollments and retention for IDEO U’s online learning platform.
Once here you will:
- Develop content for and manage IDEO U’s social channels.
- Partner with the growth marketing lead to develop and produce stories, webinars, emails, and videos including writing creative briefs, gathering assets, writing and deploying content.
- Maintain content marketing calendar.
- Work with marketing team members to develop strategy for and summarize results of content marketing programs.
- Work with marketing director and IDEO’s internal and external marketing communications teams on public relations.
- Work with marketing and creative services team to develop content for ideou.com and marketing collateral including site architecture and user experience.
- Work with the product team to align in-course communications and produce content as appropriate.
- Work with growth marketing lead on the development of content marketing tools including editorial guides.
- Support internal communications designed to increase awareness of IDEO U within IDEO.
- Support the creation and execution of field marketing and media opportunities including events and conferences.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some IDEO U’s courses to check out:
Insights for Innovation, Storytelling for Influence, From Ideas to Action, and Leading for Creativity
We are looking for someone who has at least two years’ experience in a content marketing role. He/she will need to:
- Have a passion for storytelling with strong writing and editing skills.
- Have solid experience developing content for a variety of mediums including social, email, web and video. Production skills including visual design (including Photoshop) and video editing a plus.
- Be digital savvy with experience managing social channels including being fluent in using CMS platforms. SEO experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Have proven success working across teams and functions.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, adapt to a highly variable environment, change scope and focus with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with a culture of experimentation.
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter.