In a nutshell:
IDEO is a global design and innovation firm. We have partnered with key players, globally, in the mobility space for over twenty years to deliver innovative products and services - and to help redefine the mobility space.
Our team is seeking an individual with excellent communication and relationship skills who is passionate about the new opportunities that lie ahead in the industry. You will identify, pursue and help scope engagements that range from designing next generation human-machine interactions to defining new mobility systems, support clients to ensure success and develop the long-term relationships and network to help extend IDEO's contribution to the mobility sector.
We are seeking a Business Development Lead with 3-5 years of relevant experience in areas like: business development, C-level/institutional sales leadership, brand or product management, or a strategic/management consulting background.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
Business Development Leads make the biggest impact by developing, managing and executing a business development strategy. Their skillset is critical to our work because they develop and grow potential and existing client relationships.
Once here you will:
- Drive conversations with potential clients to communicate IDEO's process around a mutually valuable focus and scope for collaboration across multiple industries.
- Create meaningful connections with both potential and existing clients in the Mobility space.
- Produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling client project proposals, presentations and meetings, which not only address client needs, but also clearly articulate the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity.
- Be responsible for creating visibility and transparency in our pipeline and business development process.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a Business Development Lead in Palo Alto, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Be deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creating learning opportunities for project teams is paramount.
Some previous projects to check out:
IDEO Automobility Website
Ford and IDEO
Relevant experience (past) and mindset (ongoing/potential):
- Exemplary leadership and management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth experience in working with executive level individuals and teams
- The ability to multi-task, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A focus on and attention to detail
- Facility and comfort with developing connections with people inside and outside of an organization
- Strong presentation skills