In a nutshell:
IDEO is in search of a Talent Lead who will work with the Regional Bay Area HR team to foster and nurture our unique culture and best-in-class employment experience at IDEO.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
The Talent Lead will make the biggest impact by nurturing our unique culture and cultivating best-in-class employment experience at IDEO. Their skillset is critical to our work/business because they provide proactive guidance and counsel to our community. We count on them to be empathetic and provide consulting onsite to our studio.
Once here you will:
- Serve as a strategic partner to Business Leads and be support resource to the Bay Area locations.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to Business Leads regarding employee relations issues.
- Manage the leave of absences process from initial conversations through the return to work date including facilitating discussions with employees and business leads and assisting with questions throughout the leave.
- Provide support for employee benefit inquiries and assist in planning for the annual Open Enrollment period.
- Coordinate the immigration process in partnership with our outside attorneys, Recruiting and Business Leads
- Manage internal transfer process for domestic and international employees to and from the Bay Area locations.
- Conduct new employee orientations and exit interview meetings.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a Talent Lead, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Participate in studio, regional and global Talent projects
- Continue your learning and growth in the Talent / HR space
- Mentor others on the team and share the knowledge that you have gained in your career thus far
Some previous projects to check out:
A New Way to Vote for the People of Los Angeles
Launching An Online Pharmacy Startup
Relevant experience (past) and mindset (ongoing/potential):
- Minimum of 6 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in a generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR preferred
- Experience in the design or creative industry, a plus
- Depth in immigration, leaves of absence, benefits administrations and mobility a plus.
- Strong understanding of Federal and California employment law
- Possess innovative spirit, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest and ability to improve processes, develop strong working relationships, and make an impact on the organization.