In a nutshell:
IDEO U is in search of a Director of Product and Operations who will drive the IDEO U product road map, optimize work processes cross-functionally across the business, and drive the agenda for scaling the volume of courses and experimenting with new course formats.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
The Director of Product and Operations for IDEO U makes the biggest impact by driving excellence, efficiency, and quality across an incredibly creative and successful new venture at IDEO.
Once here you will:
- Lead the Product and Operations team including managing work and growing talent including Product Managers, Customer Support, Analytics, Operations, and Finance.
- Guide all Product decisions in partnership with Content Design and Product Marketing and the larger IDEO U roadmap based on input from all departments.
- Work closely with our major platform partners to design and customize the learner experience. Continually evaluates other platforms that can be integrated where needed to keeping us in the lead.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing, Content development and Creative teams on the design, development and implementation of new offers and content.
- Build business models and financial forecasts that set targets for IDEO U roadmap and quarterly objectives
- Lead data operations and analytics, including on-going analysis of KPI’s. Provides visionary leadership to optimize, automate and reveal insights for efficiencies or market opportunities through data and trends
- Manages selection, integration and operation of 3rd party technology platforms (NovoEd, Shopify, Zendesk, all finance and data systems, any other platforms). Evaluates new technology platforms that can enhance the learning experience.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a Director of Product and Operations in IDEO U, we provide the opportunity for you to help IDEO advance the edges of its own innovative business. This product experience is in a cutting edge area of ed tech and learning. And, you will get to share this experience with more change-makers around the world.
To learn more about IDEO and IDEO U...
Check out some of our favorite projects on ideo.com/work. And, learn about our current course offerings on ideou.com
- 7+ years product managing hosted products, 4+ years' experience leading a product management team, building implementation plans, and leading teams to deliver on schedule
- Solid financial management experience including developing and managing budgets, modeling and forecasting revenue and expenses, and overseeing accounting processes.
- Savvy storyteller with experience translating data into actionable insights. Business intelligence experience a plus.
- Experienced with financial analysis, planning, business intelligence and business modeling
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities
- Experience running a dynamic product prioritization process and knowledgeable of best practice release processes
- Experience within EdTech field is a plus
- Incredibly tech savvy and able to identify and integrate new tools/apps to increase insights & productivity. Bonus for familiarity with ZenDesk, Asana, Slack, Tableau
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. And, please make sure to answer the “Pop Quiz” question in the application.