Senior Visual Interaction Designers at IDEO routinely work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into spaces, brands, services and products. Working at IDEO means you’ll tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical and digital prototyping to helping tell the project story to the client. If you’re a creative thinker with a passion for pixels, love to make graphics move and have a knack for crafting compelling stories keep reading.
Once you are here you will:
- Work on projects that solve problems across a variety of industries.
- Collaborate with designers with different backgrounds such as industrial designers, mechanical engineers and interaction designers to develop a holistic design for our clients.
- Create looks like/works like prototypes that help tell a project’s story.
- Be an advocate of exceptional design.
- Design websites, apps, and other digital experiences with the end user in mind.
Some previous projects to check out:
- Food Genius: Tapped into big data with our first startup-in-residence to design Food Genius Reports, a consumer and food industry trends dashboard.
- Beyond Cars: Defining Smarter Mobility.
What are we looking for?
- At least 6 years interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media.
- Master’s degree in Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, HCI, or equivalent work experience.
- You can articulate a human-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration. You understand basic human-centered design philosophy, are comfortable with ambiguity and want to push design methodologies.
- You have a strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You can communicate the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
- You can relate to individuals and nurture talent is also a requirement. You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You are able to distinguish between “good” and “great” work and are able to design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including InDesign, Illustrator, HTML/JS/CSS, Flinto, Sketch, Atomic, InVision, Principle, and Aftereffects.
What gets us excited:
- Strong visual design is a significantly appreciated skill
- Experience in designing digital concept directions at a high fidelity, guiding creative direction.
- Strong information visualization skills, and have a command on typography and layout as it relates to interaction.
- High comfort level using prototyping tools to convey movement and functionality of concepts and demonstrate excellent communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions.
- A passion for design, a pulse on emerging trends and technology, and a developed point of view about your work.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples of interaction design. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.