Do you believe in creating impact through design? Do you enjoy working with an incredibly diverse and passionate group of world-class designers on a wide array of local and global challenges? If you thrive in a supportive environment that values team-based collaboration over hierarchy and titles, please get in touch.
IDEO is seeking an experienced Interaction Designer to join the Shanghai office. We’re looking for someone who can help us make complex digital user experience problems simpler. This role will focus on turning human-centered research insights into interaction design concepts through sketching, prototyping and front-end development.
This role will include a range of digital, large-scale and complex commercial projects in areas such as commerce, social networking, food and beverage and retail. Key activities include structured thinking to communicate information architectures and other conceptual frameworks, design leadership, close collaboration with development partners, talent development and business development.
What are we looking for?
- Be able to distinguish between “good” and “great” work and be able to articulate the difference.
- Be OK with trial and error; you should have experience prototyping and experimenting at different levels of fidelity.
- Be able to provide valuable insights and points of view at the intersection of brand, business and interaction design.
- Have cross-cultural design experience
- Strong visual and interaction design work
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
- Fluent in visual design tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Fluent in creating quick and dirty prototypes (for example, animations with AfterEffects, click-throughs with Keynote, interactive prototypes with Flintos or Axure, etc.)
What gets us excited:
- You’re great at turning human behavior and needs into real concepts.
- You are obsessed with what design and technology could do for people.
- You’re a systems thinker; you can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows and beautiful user interface.
- You love solving big, hairy problems.
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle.
- You can articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation. You are fluent in English and able to communicate in Mandarin Chinese.
- You love collaborating with others.
- You have the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a designer at your core, and you see bringing products to market as an important part of your design passion.
Some previous projects to check out:
Send us a sample* of something that’s good, and send us a sample of something that’s great.
*Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
IDEO values people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, embrace ambiguity, talk less do more, can learn from failure, and have the want to make others successful.
If you have a fresh perspective on your area of focus, identify with our values and would love to contribute to our studio, please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio and response to the pop quiz.