The Latest News
IDSA’s 2013 IDEA Awards
IDEO and IDEO.org were awarded at total of 9 International Design Excellence Awards by the IDSA (six and three respectively). Winning designs ranged from a Pilates Reformer to a digital ecosystem for eBay and a new sanitation offering in Ghana. Read more about the winners here.
- Mayor’s Challenge for Bloomberg Philanthropies (Service Design)
- Wrangler Moto for Wrangler (Design Research)
- FutureVision 2015 for eBay (Digital Design)
- Boston Harbor Islands Visitor Pavilion for National Park Service and Boston Harbor Alliance (Environments)
- Allegro 2 Pilates Reformer for Balanced Body (Leisure & Recreation)
- Sitegeist Mobile App for Sunlight Foundation (Digital Design)
- Evocam for Evotech (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Design Strategy)
Sanofi’s Lantus & You Journal Wins Gold MDEA
Medical Design Excellence Awards
IDEO Receives Five Core77 Design Awards
Vodafone and Richard Nicoll’s smartphone-charging handbag design wins the soft goods category in Core77’s 2013 design awards program. IDEO’s work with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (strategy + research), Food Genius (food design), and IDEO.org’s Clean Team project (social impact) were awarded runners-up, while Sunlight Foundation’s Sitegeist received professional notable in the interaction category.
For more on the award winners, read here.
Three Webby Honorees for IDEO
The Webby Awards
Two IDEO projects are named Webby Honorees in the 17th Annual Webby Awards, recognizing excellence on the Internet. Sesame Street’s Elmo Calls App was selected in the Best Use of Device Camera category and Sunlight Foundation’s Sitegeist App was recognized in two categories — Best Use of GPS or Location Technology category and Education and Reference category.
MyFord Mobile Wins IxDA Award
Wounded Warrior Selected in AIGA “Justified” Awards
The AIGA’s “Justified” Awards highlight design’s impact. Entries were judged based on their design attributes and whether their case for effectiveness was clear, compelling, and accessible. Wounded Warrior was one of 18 selected from over 400 great entries. Read the full Wounded Warrior design case study here.
Fast Company's 2012 Innovation By Design Award Finalists
Fast Company's Co. Design
IDEO Awarded Core77 Design Awards
IDSA’s 2012 IDEA Awards
IDEO was awarded 13 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEAs) by the IDSA, with winning designs ranging from an open innovation platform to redesigning women's breast health journey.
- Elmo Calls App for Sesame Street (Web and App)
- Kiosk Consumer Experience Redesign for Redbox (User interface)
- Next Door for State Farm Insurance (Research)
- Next Door for State Farm Insurance (Service Design)
- OpenIDEO for IDEO (Design for the Majority)
- Radically Disruptive Empathy Lunch Workshop for IDEO (Design Research)
- Sacred Care for St. Joseph Health (Service Design)
- Customer Care Strategy for Intuit Quickbooks (Design Strategy)
- Designs On— Packaging for IDEO (Packaging and Graphics)
- eReader Design Language for Kobo (Laptops and Notebooks)
- GE Mammography: Redesigning the Women's Breast Health Journey for GE and GE Healthcare (Design Research)
- Healthy Workplace for Kimberly Clark (Service Design)
- Room Wizard II for Steelcase (Office Equipment)
For more on the winners, read here.
IDEO’s Future of the Book Awarded a Webby
The Webby Awards
GOOD Selects IDEO for the GOOD Company Project
GOOD sought out 40 organizations with between 100 and 1,000 employees that are working for a smarter and better world. Check out the IDEO section under the “Creative” tab here.
HackFwd and OpenIDEO Win Making the Case Awards
OpenIDEO Wins a Silver Lovie
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences
IDEO and Rock Lobster Cycles win Oregon Manifest Bicycle Challenge
The Oregon Manifest Creative Collaborations Bicycle Challenge has come to a close with the announcement of the People’s Choice winner. Voters chose Faraday, the bike designed and built by IDEO and Rock Lobster Cycles. Read more about the Faraday here. A journal of the bike’s build over the past eight months can be found on Core77.
Riverside School’s Design for Change contest wins INDEX award
Design for Change, a design based school competition which started with the Design for Giving contest in 2009, has won an INDEX award in the work category. Design for Change is the largest global movement designed to give children the opportunity to put their ideas into action.