The Latest News
Edutopia Educators Workshop Opens for Registration
Tom Hulme Appointed to Tech City Advisory Board
Faraday Bicycles Launches on Kickstarter
IDEO Awarded Core77 Design Awards
Nathan Waterhouse named HHS Innovation Advisor
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services invited OpenIDEO’s Nathan Waterhouse to be an Innovation Technical Advisor for its Innovation Fellows program. He will work with the fellows to take on some of the Department’s toughest challenges by pushing fellowship projects forward and sparking innovation within HHS.
Tim Brown at the 2012 Aspen Ideas Festival
FastCoDesign on IDEO’s Startup-in-Residence Program
Fast Company's Co. Design
China Daily on IDEO's Impact
PAGE Interviews IDEO's Leif Huff
MIT Media Lab’s Innovators Guild
MIT Media Lab
“One thing I’ve noticed is that the people in organizations who are the most responsible for innovation are frequently working alone–and they’re lonely,” says Joi Ito, director of the MIT Media Lab. This reason among many others is why MIT and IDEO have teamed up to form the Innovators Guild, a new concept for supporting and encouraging thought leaders, now and into the future.
IDSA’s 2012 IDEA Awards
IDEO was awarded 13 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEAs) by the IDSA, with winning designs ranging from an open innovation platform to redesigning women's breast health journey.
- Elmo Calls App for Sesame Street (Web and App)
- Kiosk Consumer Experience Redesign for Redbox (User interface)
- Next Door for State Farm Insurance (Research)
- Next Door for State Farm Insurance (Service Design)
- OpenIDEO for IDEO (Design for the Majority)
- Radically Disruptive Empathy Lunch Workshop for IDEO (Design Research)
- Sacred Care for St. Joseph Health (Service Design)
- Customer Care Strategy for Intuit Quickbooks (Design Strategy)
- Designs On— Packaging for IDEO (Packaging and Graphics)
- eReader Design Language for Kobo (Laptops and Notebooks)
- GE Mammography: Redesigning the Women's Breast Health Journey for GE and GE Healthcare (Design Research)
- Healthy Workplace for Kimberly Clark (Service Design)
- Room Wizard II for Steelcase (Office Equipment)
For more on the winners, read here.
Popular Science on IDEO's CHCF Enroll UX 2014
OpenIDEO at Rio+20 Summit
Nathan Waterhouse kicked off the latest OpenIDEO challenge at Rio+20, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. The challenge, which is focused on the problem of discarded electronics, is being done in partnership with leading Brazilian bank Itaú Unibanco, the US State Department and the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Paul Bennett in The Business Times, Singapore
The Business Times, Singapore
Paul Bennett, IDEO’s Chief Creative Officer, writes for the “From the Desk of” column for Singapore’s The Business Times, the country’s most influential business paper, about why Singapore is the perfect place to prototype ideas. Paul says that “trying is the new talking,” describing why Singapore lends itself to a learn-by-doing approach.