In a nutshell:
We are seeking a Studio IT Support / Tech Admin to join IDEO’s London studio for 6 months to work directly with both location leadership and the global technology team to implement systems and resources that strengthen technology experiences for our community and clients.
You see yourself as someone who likes creating order while facilitating an environment of creative ambiguity. You love both technology and people.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
The Studio IT Support / Tech Admin is part of a broader operations and global technology community that focuses on designing and strengthening IDEO resources that make our employee and visitor experience extraordinary. This person will make a critical impact by implementing and supporting technology systems to help the London studio both sound and look great in their communication and collaboration (with each other and the outside world). We will count on this expert to be looking one step ahead and proactively finding ways to enhance daily experiences.
Once here, you will:
- Provide day-to-day service and support to the London location on resolving questions and issues with hardware, software, A/V, networking and other technologies. Document status and progress of requests for support using ZenDesk ticketing system.
- Collaborate with the global technology team on enterprise-wide initiatives and cross-location projects (such as hardware/software deployments).
- Implement training and learning opportunities in the studio to enhance the community’s comfort level and proficiency in using available technology tools, platforms, and systems.
- Manage technology onboarding and offboarding processes for employees in collaboration with Talent and Experience teams.
- Provide technical support for internal/client meetings and community events.
- Manage technology resources in the office - organising and coordinating the installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment as needed.
- Create processes, tools, and systems to help manage your workload and make the management of technology within the London location more efficient and productive.
What does IDEO offer you?
Ask anyone in IDEO London why they like working here, and they will say it’s our people and the diversity of projects. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organisation, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
We certainly work hard, but we also intentionally focus on our culture to design events where we pause, create, and connect.
We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work and respect the need for work-life balance. IDEO provides you support and development throughout your time here, while allowing for autonomy in the design process and in your career.
IDEO has had a studio in London for over 30 years. Over that time, we have grown in the scale of our influence and impact. Although we still work across every industry and sector, our consistent purpose to deliver positive impact through design has meant that we have enabled companies all over the world to be creatively competitive.
As a Studio IT Support / Tech Admin in London, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Work with a team, yet be your own leader. This isn't a “Do and Don't” work environment, but instead one which still requires crisp response to impromptu (and sometimes unusual) requests.
- Prototype with the latest and greatest technology, in service of the needs of the technology team and London studio across functions.
- Partner with our Experience team on location technology services and infrastructure needs.
- Be a part of an organisation that is ultimately trying to make a positive change in a variety of industries in the world.
- Previous help desk / customer support team experience preferably in a mostly Mac OS X computing environment (experience working in creative organisations is a plus).
- Working knowledge of enterprise services, wireless networks, video conference platforms and A/V systems.
- Experience with Mac/Windows hardware/software and cloud-based applications (fluency with Google Apps, ZenDesk, Single Sign-on a plus).
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to troubleshoot in a complex technical environment; strong proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- High comfort level in being proactive within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to manage expectations in a deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail.
If you are excited about the IT Support / Tech Admin role at IDEO, we would love to see your CV and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.