IDEO Shanghai is in search of a Senior Interaction Designer, who will integrate digital designs into spaces, brands, services, and products, tackle all aspects of the design process, and moreover to consistently grow the capability and push the edges of the discipline.
At IDEO we create impact through design. Our goal is to create work that resonates as desirable, feasible, and viable. Interaction Designers sit right in that sweet spot – caring about what people need, and making beautiful, engaging experiences for them. It is particularly important and exciting role in China with the speed of digital innovation happening in the market.
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
IDEO has been in China for over a decade and our mission is to create new value by enabling enlightened leaders to answer the right questions and to tackle systemic challenges. These can range from working with ambitious Chinese enterprises, multinationals and enterprising entrepreneurs on challenges to do with healthcare, mobility, education or food safety. Over the years, we have grown in the scale of our influence and impact, and we are now looking for talented individuals who share our mission and sense of purpose to join our vibrant and dynamic Shanghai location.
• You are hardcore about digital products. You have 4+ years of working experience in designing digital product, service, and experience from ideation to implementation.
• You’re a systems thinker; you can make sense of complex information, user interaction flows and system architecture.
• You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle.
• You can create beautiful user interfaces. You also have a point of view on what good interaction design is about.
• You are fluent in fundamental interaction design skills:
◦ Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
◦ Fluent in visual design tools, such as Photoshop and Sketch
◦ Fluent in prototyping (for example, animations with AfterEffects, click-throughs with Keynote, interactive prototypes with Flinto or Principle, etc.)
• You can clearly articulate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation. You are comfortable with communicating in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
Interaction design happens at a variety of scales. Give examples of designs you use regular that inspire you and demonstrate this idea.
Is this you? If so, please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter, tell us why you want to work at IDEO and explain what excites you about this role.
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.