In a nutshell:
IDEO San Francisco is in search of an Interaction Designer who is, passionate about designing elegant user experience, making beautiful things and bringing interactions and experiences to life through prototyping digital & physical experiences.
As an interaction designer at IDEO, you’re able to influence cutting-edge technologies, products, and services. You will use human-centered design as a means of solving complex problems and creating innovative products, services, and experiences.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
At IDEO we create impact through design. Our goal is to create work that is desirable, feasible, and viable. Interaction Designers sit right in that sweet spot–caring about what people need, and making beautiful, engaging experiences for them.
Once here you will:
- Focus on a wide range of digital work across web, mobile, and embedded technology
- Design new-to-the-world interactive experiences through prototyping, information architecture, data visualization, storytelling, systems thinking, animation/motion, front-end design, building interactive experiences, even creating build-ready assets
- Work in a highly collaborative environment, along with designers with diverse perspectives and expertise, through research to final solution
- Be an advocate of exceptional design, visually and experientially
- Go out into the world for inspiration, spot opportunities for innovation, and bring inspiration back to our client partners and their stakeholders
- Get to work on a broad range of client challenges in various industries
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some previous projects to check out:
Designing the Levi’s Commuter Trucker Jacket with Jacquard by Google
Designing the Future Kitchen
A Digital Literacy App for Young Learners
Growing an Online Pharmacy, from Startup to Sale
Applying human-centered design to emerging technologies
- 3-5 years interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters Degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design or an equivalent degree
- In concept ideation, design strategy, digital prototyping, and combining graphic design and 3D animation
- Expertise in visual, user interface design: applying the principles of graphic design (typography, color, gid, hierarchy, etc) to digital and embedded experiences
- Passion for design excellence: You know the difference between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to work within dynamics that challenge teams, clients, and timelines to deliver world-class solutions.
- Prototyping with a range of tools, including new-to-market, interactive, and motion-based tools
- Ability to tell compelling project stories to bring your work to life
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Framer, etc.
- You have a strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You can communicate the value of design and brand within a design and business context
Application requirements and instructions:
Please submit a resume, cover letter (yes, we read cover letters), and a portfolio or link.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.