In a nutshell:
We believe a positive organizational approach and culture can drive positive change in the world. Our Design for Change Studio is at the forefront of this movement and is creating products that help leaders build more creative organizations, and support creative teams do their best work. We are looking for Product Manager to join our team.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
The Product Manager leads product development from early exploration through execution, and influences the IDEO product suite; while collaborating with IDEO marketing and managers of other IDEO-branded products, to ensure consistency across the brand.
Once here you will:
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Developers, and Designers on the design, development and implementation of new offers and content.
- Use prototyping to identify powerful value propositions and figure out how to execute on them.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to explore, prototype, and define end-to-end business and strategy for products.
- This will include initiatives like identifying core customers, defining a business model, solidifying a go-to-market strategy
- Lead multi-disciplined teams of researchers, UX designers, engineers, sales, and marketing
- Sustain an energized and inspired team
- Facilitate urgency and progress while maintaining work-life balance
- Plan discovery processes and development roadmaps. Ensure that teams keep forward momentum, and balance the need for exploration and focused development as appropriate
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some previous projects to check out:
Here are some samples from our Design for Change Studio: Designing a Global Plan for Disaster Response, Designing a School System from the Ground Up
And here some examples of IDEO’s portfolio of products: Creative Difference, OI Engine, IDEO U, OpenIDEO
- You have recently been a Product Manager responsible for development of a web or mobile product
- You have experience identifying and designing based on customer needs. You’ve conducted user/design research or worked closely with design researchers. You value and use both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- Able to translate product requirements into wireframes or mockups to gather quick customer research or gather feedback from internal teams
- You have experience balancing the development of new features, with the need to keep products simple and elegant.
- You understand and empathize with the challenges that growing startups and larger organizations have staying productive, creative, and engaging.
- Experience using agile (or similar approaches) to develop products
- You have experience developing and managing budgets, and modeling and forecasting revenue and expenses
- Experience managing teams of 3+ individuals of diverse backgrounds towards a common goal; Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities
- Experience developing enterprise products
- Technical background
- Experience using design thinking to solve complex problems
- Expertise in machine learning and AI
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply with a resume, cover letter (yes, we read all cover letters), and some sample of past work. This could be in the form of a website, a portfolio, a case study, etc.