In a nutshell:
We are looking for people who thrive by helping teams plan, execute, monitor progress, and close projects. We are seeking someone who loves variety of all kinds. Think co-developing and hosting a workshop or talk, collaborating with a designer to curate and source a client gift, helping a leadership team design, coordinate and execute strategic priorities, supporting a team with a big build in another state, or sourcing and managing print production for a client. The variety—and pace—is exciting, vast, and constantly evolving.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
At IDEO, Project producers have the unique opportunity to get involved in multiple projects, both internal and external, in vast and ever-changing ways. The role will evolve as your projects do.
As a Project Producer at IDEO, you will become the go-to team member to help teams figure the fun, sticky things out, while exploring and defining opportunities to surprise and delight, with a zeal to positively impact individuals teams, leaders, and the broader organization.
Once here you will:
- Collaborate with IDEO Leadership to help them organize their business initiatives and goals, and evolve with Leadership changes.
- Help teams and leadership prioritize, execute and monitor their yearly projects.
- Assist teams with project management and project execution across a variety of projects.
- Help define agreed upon timelines, facilitate progress, manage adaptable budgets, and assure all projects meet their deadlines with success.
- Assist teams with Production specific needs such as: sourcing vendor partners and contractors, manage print production projects, assist photoshoot planning and production, and manage swag production.
- Seek out the answers to the hard producer questions, and are energized by new challenges.
- Design ways to surprise and delight project, leadership and client teams.
- Help Leadership and Project Teams maintain—and further nurture their client relationships, assist in ways to cultivate new relationships, and design ways in which they can make new connections.
- Client health, team health and project health will be areas of focus
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Some previous projects to check out:
Beyond Cars: Designing Smarter Mobility
Relevant experience and mindset :
- Detail orientated
- Anticipate needs of others
- A+ problem solver
- Game for anything and everything
- Excellent planner
- Lover of logistics
- Sharp detective and sleuthing skills
- Loves a good deadline and a tight-ish brief
- Embraces ambiguity
- Welcomes on-the-fly change of plans
- Belief that there is no such thing as an average kind of day