The Latest News
IDEO wins multiple Core77 Design Awards
OpenIDEO — IDEO’s networked innovation platform — was awarded the winner of the Service Design category in Core77’s first ever awards program. IDEO’s work for Bedsider took the win for strategy/research while HackFwd, Steelcase node and Future of the Book were awarded runner up and professional notable awards respectively.
For more on the awards, read here.
IDSA and Fast Companys 2011 IDEA Awards
IDEO was awarded 12 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEAs) by the IDSA and Fast Company, with winning designs ranging from the future of self-service banking to designing homes for wounded veterans.
- Bedsider for the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy (Service Design)
- Long-Haul Travel Experience for Air New Zealand (Research)
- The Design for Giving Contest for Riverside School (Service Design)
- Long-Haul Travel Experience for Air New Zealand (Transportation)
- Redefining Self-Service Banking for BBVA Group (Commercial & Industrial Products)
- node Chair for Steelcase (Office & Productivity)
- ’Wounded Warriors’ for Clark Realty (Research)
- Balloonimals iPhone app (Interactive Product Experiences)
- Bedsider for the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy (Research)
- Bedsider for the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy (Design Strategy)
- Long-Haul Travel Experience for Air New Zealand (Interiors)
- media:scape for Steelcase (Office & Productivity)
For more on the winners, read here.
OpenIDEO and Sesame App Win Webby Awards
The Webby Awards
Baxano iO-Flex Surgical System Wins MDEA
Medical Design Excellence Awards
BBVA’s ATM Wins iF Communication Design Award
LifePort Kidney Transporter Wins Design of the Decade Award
The LifePort Kidney Transporter from Organ Recovery Systems was recognized in the “Solution to a Consumer Product” category of the IDSA-sponsored awards. The LifePort Kidney Transporter improves kidney preservation, evaluation and transport prior to transplantation. Kidneys transported in the LifePort device have been shown to be 48 percent less likely to fail within the first year after the transplant than those preserved by the traditional icebox method.
Tom Kelley Wins Haas Innovation Award
Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
IDSA and Fast Company's 2010 IDEA Awards
IDSA and Fast Company
In 2010, IDEO was given 12 IDEA awards by IDSA and Fast Company, with winning designs ranging from banking services to low-income housing communities to communications design work. Read the article here.
- PNC Virtual Wallet in the Interactive Product Experiences category (learn more here)
- Best Western in the Service Design category
- Lilly Patient Posters in the Research category (learn more here)
- AT&T 3G MicroCell in the Communication Tools category (learn more here)
- (RED)WIRE in the Interactive Product Experiences category (learn more here)
- The Community Builders in the Research category (learn more here)
- Lilly HumatroPen 6mg, 12mg and 24mg in the Medical & Scientific Products category (learn more here)
- Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 in the Interactive Product Experiences category
- EILEEN FISHER in the Design Strategy category (learn more here)
- Ormondale Investigative Learning in the Design Strategy category (learn more here)
- QUE proReader in the Computer Equipment category
- Western Digital My Book and My Passport product suite in the Computer Equipment category (learn more here)
Bayer Contour USB Receives a Silver MDEA
Medical Design Excellence Awards
IDEO Receives Two Webby Award Honors
The Webby Awards
PNC Virtual Wallet Named Edison Finalist for ‘Best New Product’
Virtual Wallet, an IDEO project with PNC Financial Services Group, has been chosen as a 2010 Edison Best New Products Award finalist. The awards celebrate the persistence and excellence personified by Thomas Alva Edison and work to increase America’s drive in the realm of innovation, creativity and ingenuity throughout the global economy.
IDEO Wins Sustainable Suite Design Competition
The USGBC, American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), and The Network of the Hospitality Industry (NEWH) together announced the winner of the first ever Sustainable Suite Design Competition. The competition showcased the best hospitality design strategies that boast environmental responsibility while enhancing the guest experience. Out of 65 professional design entries, IDEO and WATG took the top prize for their suite, Haptik.
For more information, click here.
IDEO’s Intranet, The Tube, Wins Intranet Innovation Award
IDEO’s intranet, The Tube, has been honored with an Intranet Innovation Award. The IIAs are global awards that celebrate new ideas and innovative approaches to the enhancement and delivery of intranets. The goal is to find these ideas (whether large or small), and to share them with the wider community. Gold Awards are given across four different categories, each focusing on a specific aspect of intranets. Platinum Award winners are then chosen to recognize the most extraordinary entries for the year.
To read more about the awards, click here.
IDEO Wins Four Spark Awards
IDEO was awarded four Spark Awards in 2009.
- Virtual Wallet Interactive Banking Experience for PNC Bank
- IDEO’s Tube.
Spark is a competition created to support “multidisciplinary, multicultural, global, and aspirational design for all.” The award ceremony was held at Autodesk in San Francisco, California, on October 29.
Read more about the award entries here.
IDEO Makes the GOOD 100
GOOD magazine included “IDEO Social Impact” on its list of the GOOD 100. Others included on the list are Hillary Clinton, Electric Cars, Harlem Children’s Zone, and TEDx.
Read the article here.