The Latest News
Living Climate Change Winners Announced
Design 21 announced the winners of the Living Climate Change Video Challenge on June 30. Hosted by IDEO, the contest asked participants to “create an original video that envisions how climate change will impact our lives over the next 20 to 30 years.” Two grand prizes and one honorable mention prize were awarded.
Fast Company, Core77, and FlavorPill covered the site and the results.
See the videos on the Living Climate Change site here.
Gentry Underwood Speaks on Ethnography at PARC Forum
Palo Alto, CA
IDSA and Fast Company's 2010 IDEA Awards
IDSA and Fast Company
In 2010, IDEO was given 12 IDEA awards by IDSA and Fast Company, with winning designs ranging from banking services to low-income housing communities to communications design work. Read the article here.
- PNC Virtual Wallet in the Interactive Product Experiences category (learn more here)
- Best Western in the Service Design category
- Lilly Patient Posters in the Research category (learn more here)
- AT&T 3G MicroCell in the Communication Tools category (learn more here)
- (RED)WIRE in the Interactive Product Experiences category (learn more here)
- The Community Builders in the Research category (learn more here)
- Lilly HumatroPen 6mg, 12mg and 24mg in the Medical & Scientific Products category (learn more here)
- Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 in the Interactive Product Experiences category
- EILEEN FISHER in the Design Strategy category (learn more here)
- Ormondale Investigative Learning in the Design Strategy category (learn more here)
- QUE proReader in the Computer Equipment category
- Western Digital My Book and My Passport product suite in the Computer Equipment category (learn more here)
Steelcase Node Chair Featured in Metropolis
The node, a swiveling classroom seat designed by IDEO for high-density classrooms, won a Cross-Category Innovation honor at the 2010 NeoCon show. Click here to read more about the chair that is “part of a concerted effort to bring campuses up to speed with current teaching and learning styles.”
Doug Solomon Presents at The New York Forum
New York, NY
Bruce MacGregor’s Talk Covered in Harvard Business Review Blog
Harvard Business Review Blog
Ryan Jacoby Interviewed on Thinking Design blog
Thinking Design blog
Design blogger Jeffery Gangemi taps into Ryan’s thoughts on the interrelatedness of business, design, and education. Ryan talks about the “pragmatic mix” of business design – it’s a combination of entrepreneurship, commerce, and art – and business schools’ adoption of design thinking. Read the full post here.
Slideshow of IDEO’s Global Offices Featured on Newsweek.com
Fred Dust Joins Design Trust/MAS Panel in NYC
New York, NY
On June 15, IDEO’s Fred Dust will participate in the Design Trust/MAS Garment District panel at the School of Visual Arts Theater in New York. The panel will discuss the cultural, economic, and social contributions of creative communities, and explore how improved visibility of the activities within these neighborhoods can strengthen those creative industries and New York City.
For more information and to register, click here.
BBVA Wins The Banker's Innovation in Banking Technology Awards
The Banker magazine announced that BBVA won an award in the category Innovation in Delivery Channel Technology. Though banking needs and ATM functions have since progressed beyond simple cash withdrawals, the fundamental design of the ATM has changed little in 40 years. Spain’s BBVA Group worked with IDEO to identify an opportunity to revolutionise the ATM by creating a new design focusing on the needs of the user, rather than on the needs of the bank.
Read the article here. (you must register to view this article)
Learn more about IDEO’s work with BBVA here.