The Latest News
Hearwear - The Future of Hearing
V&A Museum, London, UK
July 26, 2005 - March 5, 2006 at the V&A Museum in South Kensington, London
IDEO rethinks the future of hearing with fashionably designed “hearware.” Developed by RNID and Blueprint magazine with Wolff Olins, in association with the V&A.
The results of an innovative project to radically re-think the future of hearing, Hearwear displays designs and prototypes by some of the UK’s best designers, including Ross Lovegrove, Priestman Goode, Industrial Facility, and IDEO. The display will show how fashionably designed “hearwear” can be as desirable and accessible as ‘eyewear’, and will change the way people think about hearing.
IDEO’s contribution to the exhibition comes after a number of conversations with hearing impaired people and an insight-filled visit to a noisy pub. Table talk
IDSA and BusinessWeek Magazine's 2005 IDEA Awards
Each year, the best in design is honored with the Industrial Design Excellence Awards, sponsored by BusinessWeek and presented by the Industrial Designers Society of America. Read the story here.
IDEO has topped the list every year since 1991. In 2005, we won 7 awards for work in consumer products, research, and concepts that look into the future of technology.
Read the article here.
- Leviton Acenti Collection: Minimal and intuitive switches and outlets for the home
- Avid Mojo: Powerful and portable desktop video editing hardware
- Hewlett-Packard Masher concept: Working prototype for portable digital DJ console
- Chicago PT Research: Human factors work guiding advanced technology for physical therapy
- Hewlett-Packard DJammer concept: Working prototype of new music instrument for DJs and turntablists
- Microsoft Home Center PC: Working concepts for an integrated entertainment and home computing system