The Latest News
Tom and David Kelley at MIT Media Lab
MIT Media Lab
Fred Dust on BBC's The Forum
BBC World Service
Munich Make-a-thon in Mobile Zeitgeist
German online magazine Mobile Zeitgeist talks about design thinking and IDEO Munich’s Make-a-thon on July 5-6 2013. Read more here.
The Economist on IDEO and How Design is Creating New Value
The Economist digs deep into IDEO’s work, process, culture and approach to design and design thinking spotlighting the London office. Several client projects are referenced including IDEO’s work with Oxfam, Sam Adams and Swiss Life. Read the full story here.
IDSA’s 2013 IDEA Awards
IDEO and IDEO.org were awarded at total of 9 International Design Excellence Awards by the IDSA (six and three respectively). Winning designs ranged from a Pilates Reformer to a digital ecosystem for eBay and a new sanitation offering in Ghana. Read more about the winners here.
- Mayor’s Challenge for Bloomberg Philanthropies (Service Design)
- Wrangler Moto for Wrangler (Design Research)
- FutureVision 2015 for eBay (Digital Design)
- Boston Harbor Islands Visitor Pavilion for National Park Service and Boston Harbor Alliance (Environments)
- Allegro 2 Pilates Reformer for Balanced Body (Leisure & Recreation)
- Sitegeist Mobile App for Sunlight Foundation (Digital Design)
- Evocam for Evotech (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Design Strategy)
Anne Pascual at Wired Money Conference London
Anne Pascual on designing for value on the occasion of the WIRED Money conference in London on July 1st 2013.
Sanofi’s Lantus & You Journal Wins Gold MDEA
Medical Design Excellence Awards
Anne Pascual on User Experience in the Financial Sector
IDEO Receives Five Core77 Design Awards
Vodafone and Richard Nicoll’s smartphone-charging handbag design wins the soft goods category in Core77’s 2013 design awards program. IDEO’s work with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (strategy + research), Food Genius (food design), and IDEO.org’s Clean Team project (social impact) were awarded runners-up, while Sunlight Foundation’s Sitegeist received professional notable in the interaction category.
For more on the award winners, read here.
Core77 Interviews Jane Fulton Suri
New York Magazine on Bossless Office Cultures
New York Magazine
IDEO features in a long form New York Magazine piece on bossless offices, multidisciplinary teams and flat hierarchies.