The Latest News
Fred Dust Talks Travel in AFAR
OpenIDEO Grows Offline with the Meetup Toolkit
We are excited to announce the launch of the OpenIDEO Meetup Toolkit, a tool to help local collaborators get together and create social impact. Check out their latest blog post to learn more, download the toolkit and create your own Meetup.
Tom Hulme in HuffPost
Creativity Camera in Fast Company
Fast Company talks about the three secrets to designing great toys. LeapFrog and IDEO’s design process and recent project, Creativity Camera, are highlighted in the article.
Tim Brown on the Future of Industrial Design
National Endowment for the Arts
Knight Foundation Launches Health Data Challenge Using IDEO's New OI Engine Software Platform
IDEO’s OI Engine platform is an open innovation platform that helps organizations engage their communities to solve problems together. Knight Foundation’s latest news challenge will fund innovative ideas to harness information and data for the health of communities. Winners will receive a share of $2 Million to bring their ideas to life. Join the challenge here.
GOOD Spotlights Tim Brown's Design Thinking Approach
GOOD spotlights Tim Brown’s approach to applying design thinking to everyday life. Click here for the full post.
Tom and David Kelley at MIT Media Lab
MIT Media Lab
Fred Dust on BBC's The Forum
BBC World Service
Munich Make-a-thon in Mobile Zeitgeist
German online magazine Mobile Zeitgeist talks about design thinking and IDEO Munich’s Make-a-thon on July 5-6 2013. Read more here.
The Economist on IDEO and How Design is Creating New Value
The Economist digs deep into IDEO’s work, process, culture and approach to design and design thinking spotlighting the London office. Several client projects are referenced including IDEO’s work with Oxfam, Sam Adams and Swiss Life. Read the full story here.
IDSA’s 2013 IDEA Awards
IDEO and IDEO.org were awarded at total of 9 International Design Excellence Awards by the IDSA (six and three respectively). Winning designs ranged from a Pilates Reformer to a digital ecosystem for eBay and a new sanitation offering in Ghana. Read more about the winners here.
- Mayor’s Challenge for Bloomberg Philanthropies (Service Design)
- Wrangler Moto for Wrangler (Design Research)
- FutureVision 2015 for eBay (Digital Design)
- Boston Harbor Islands Visitor Pavilion for National Park Service and Boston Harbor Alliance (Environments)
- Allegro 2 Pilates Reformer for Balanced Body (Leisure & Recreation)
- Sitegeist Mobile App for Sunlight Foundation (Digital Design)
- Evocam for Evotech (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Social Impact Design)
- Clean Team for Unilever + Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (Design Strategy)
Anne Pascual at Wired Money Conference London
Anne Pascual on designing for value on the occasion of the WIRED Money conference in London on July 1st 2013.